Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Good Kind of Void

It's quiet everywhere, no sound, no pressence, just me,
an unfamiliar teritory no record of prior existence.
I stand here alone, drained and incomplete,
a part missing, a piece lost, a vital one

Blank and unsure i stood, in a world i could not recognize
it all seemed new, different, almost exciting
if i could just take a few steps back and understand how i got here
nothing around here helped me remember
and i began to wonder, may be its for the best that i remain clueless

I saw this as an opportunity to piant another picture
one that would not be influenced by past circumstances and beliefs
one i could make my own, fashioned to suit the new world i have found myself in
drowning in the pool of possibilities i suddenly spotted something i think i recognize
and all of a sudden it made sense i remebered

It was a black spot on the wall, black i thought
as simple and as insignificant as it was it was the key to my memories
i recognized where i was standing and now i knew how i got here
placed before me was the map of my entire existence
and i realized the entire burden that came with it

The picture had no meaning
it screamed confusion and its components moved from one point to the other drawn by various forces
and for a split second i wished i didnt remember it

Unexpectedly, with the shame and regret i felt for my found memories, a smile formed on my face,
I was grateful for this realization
as my few minutes of emptiness and void helped me realize a fresh start was possible
one that could be fashioned to suit your abilities
and one i was willing to try in order to create a picture i ll be proud to display
one i'll live to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment