Friday, December 3, 2010

The Guitar Player

Grabbing his stool and opening the box where he kept his priceless wooden charm, I knew it was going to be another amazing night, I stumbled across this place a few months ago and have been coming every day since, it wasn’t the food I was certain cause I never ate, it wasn’t the cocktails cause I only had water, it wasn’t the people nor was it the environment, it was him, his hands and the strings, and every single time they met was pure magic.
He barely said a word to the eager crowd as he sat on the stool and positioned himself to get the best out of his strings; he never sang, he never spoke too much, it was all about the music, he always had on a clean tee and worn out denim, a clean shave and hair kept low, he was simple just like his music, but as simple and as easy as it was, it was also complex, deep, pure, true, fresh, almost dreamy.
As he got ready to perform, he flashed a smiled that disappeared almost as quickly as it was formed. Then he began strumming, always starting soft with meaning and depth far beyond anything I have ever heard, the music came from a world no one knew but wanted desperately to be a part of.As he played on, striking the cords harder and with more passion, I closed my eyes and allowed myself to flow with this river of pleasure and peace; I became unaware of where I was and the people around me, felt like I was walking on clouds.
Each chord, each musical combination tugged at my heart strings, the music had no words in it, but I understood it perfectly, I knew what it was saying, I got every message it was trying to pass across, although everyone around me seemed to just be enjoying the melody, I heard it, it spoke clearly to me, it was a tale of love, undying love, the kind that never goes away, the one you never get over, the one you don’t want to forget, the one that thought you all you know, the one your grateful for.
I continued to bask in the euphoria of the music my lover created, the one he uses to speak to me, he kept going higher and higher using the chords as a stair way to a peak far beyond imagination, at this point my heart is pounding really fast and climbing with it.
And suddenly I hear cheering, I opened my eyes and realize it was over, the best five minutes of my day, people standing all over the room clapping and nodding their heads in approval, I just sat there looking straight at him pleased and satisfied, and for what seemed like eternity our eyes met and he nodded with an approving smile cause he knew I heard it all, every word even without him saying it.
As he walked off the stage I knew I was hooked, he was my drug, and I couldn’t wait to hear him speak to me again the next day, the way just us both understand………………..me and the guitar player.

No comments:

Post a Comment